As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Please ensure you indicate your availability in your application.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Sport & Community Development Supervisor and the technical direction and guidance of the Leadhand, performs cleaning duties for the facility operation of Fort William Gardens and other municipal event venues during and after major events, hockey games and other rentals.
1. Sweeps the building including all stairs and aisle-ways.
2. Picks up all garbage and debris related to events.
3. Cleans arena/stadium seating.
4. Disinfects high touch surfaces as required.
5. Conducts screening of participants and spectators as required.
6. Mops concrete areas between arena seating if required.
7. Cleans and wipes marks on walls, dormitory exits, and signs.
8. Empties garbage if required.
9. Completes paperwork in a timely manner and adheres to procedures for filing.
10. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum 14 years of age
Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
Must have good customer service skills and be courteous and tactful in dealing with the public
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must be available for evenings and weekends